OBJECTIVES & MISSION
The Outreach Division was set up in 2004 to further strengthen executive education, interface with industry, statutory bodies, professional societies by conducting research focus International/National Conferences, Workshops and Seminars. Keeping in line with mission of IIIT-H, Outreach Division assists in further strengthening initiatives in the area of IT education, research and spreading awareness of Information Technology for Industry and Society.
- Conduct of International and National Conferences in IT related areas
- Conduct of Workshops/Tutorials for updated technology particularly in emerging areas of ICT
- Professional activities in relation to various professional societies like IEEE, IE(I), IETE(I) and Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Interaction with various academia and industry and arranging visits
- Conduct of Annual academia events like R&D Showcase and Excitement of Research
- Undertake Research in specific areas not covered by other research centres viz., e-Governance, Security and Social Networks
Maj Gen (Retd) Dr R K Bagga AVSM
Advisor, Outreach Division. firstname.lastname@example.org
He had nearly 4 decades of service in Army, including DRDO where he spearheaded Computer Activities in the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP). He is the recipient of Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) for distinguished service of exceptional order in providing computing facilities and for software development. He was also honoured by Computer Society of India with its Fellowship Award. Dr Bagga is at present Advisor at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad. Earlier he was CMC Chair Professor in Information Technology at Administrative Staff College of India from 1998 to 2004. He was responsible for launching innovative Management Development Programmes at ASCI in the area of e-Governance, ERP and Internet Technologies for practising Managers from India and Commonwealth Countries. He is Chairman of Special Interest on e-Governance for Computer Society of India (SIGeGOV) undertaking major National e-Governance Awards for the country. www.csi-sigegov.org.
Mr K S Vijaya Sekhar
Asst. Manager, Outreach Division. email@example.com
He had 15 years of strong experience in large organizations like International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI) and Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS).